Here is a list of tools, resources, and services for blogging that you might find helpful. Some of these resources are those that I have or am using for this website. There are also those that have come highly recommended to me by those whom I trust.
WordPress.org is undoubtedly the most recommended blogging platform, and that is for some good reasons. This open source software come with powerful features that allow users the flexibility to create beautiful pages or apps even without an in-depth knowledge of coding.
That is the reason why 34% of the web uses WordPress. Hobby blogs to the biggest news sites online just love it. Some of the best brands ran on WordPress, including the following:
- The City University of New York
- The Village Voice
- Ogilvy & Mather South Africa
- Unicef UK
- Chicago Sun Times
- The Walt Disney Company
- Amnesty International Korea
- Canadian Museum of History
- Facebook Newsroom
- Sony Music
- Island Hotels
There are other platforms available, which offer both free and PRO use features including:
When it comes to hosting, you have a variety of options.
SiteGround is one of the well-known and highest rated web hosting company in the WordPress community. You can start a blog hosted with this hosting provider for less than $5 a month. If you’re just starting out, one of the hosting plans provided by Siteground is a MUST check. Nothing beats the support that this hosting provider extends to its clients.
If you would like to know about the services that this company provides, as well as the advantages of having your website(s) hosted on their servers, you may want to read this post. It’s a step by step Beginners’ Guide on How to Start A Blog.
Another recommended WordPress blog host is Bluehost. The company has been providing hosting and other related services since 2005. They also offer 1-click WordPress installation, 24/7 real, professional support at an equally affordable rate.
If you would like to learn more about how to start a blog, check out my step by step guide on how to start a blog.
Imaging and Editing Resources
1. Easel.ly. You can create beautiful infographics from scratch or using ready-made templates with easel.ly even as a free member. Go Pro to have access to an additional 600k+ images and 732 high quality templates.
2. Canva. This is yet another online graphic design platform that you can use to create decent visuals for anything. Canva also offers both free and upgraded memberships.
3. 99designs. This platform connects millions of designers with creative people, genius entrepreneurs, and savvy businesses to make it easy for professional designers and clients to work together and create designs that they love.
4. 24Slides. With 24slides, you can make impressive PowerPoint presentations in no time. Use their easily customizable free templates to create powerful presentations using PowerPoint, Keypoint, and more.
Other Blogging Resources and Tools
1. 7 Zip is an open source, free to download alternative to WinZip.
2. Audacity is an open source multi-track audio recorder and editor.
3. AVG is a fully-loaded antivirus and anti-spyware software that scans for both malware and performance issues on your device. It even prevents malicious downloads before they reach your PC.
4. BrowserShots is a free online service that allows anyone to view a website as it looks in various browsers.
5. Camstudio can help you record all screen and audio activity on your PC and create video files as well.
6. Use CCleaner to remove unused files from your computer to make PCs running on Windows to run as more space is made available.
7. Color cop is another free online tool that can help anyone who is looking for a multi-purpose color picker. Color Cop works great for web designers and programmers.
8. Want to know if your website is down for others as well and not only at your end? You can check your website’s visibility using Down For Everyone’s free online service.
9. DupeFree is an online tool will quickly check for any duplicate content and LSI keywords on any website.
10. Evernote. Do you often feel the need to organize every information you find in every possible source? Want to calendar your day-to-day activity or to-do list. Scan your notes, receipts, or bookmark pages, and every other content that you may want to be saved. Use EverNote to organize them and make each note searchable.
11. GoToMeeting Free makes it easy to collaborate with up to 3 clients and colleagues around the corner or around the world using your Chrome browser.
12. Google Analytics. Need to know how your website is performing? Would you like to know which page on your site receives the most visitors? Using this free metrics/statistics program called Google Analytics, you will be able to track your visitors’ action while on your page without ever having to learn to code.
13. Scribens is a free online grammar and spelling checker that can make it a lot easier to prepare error-free posts for blogs, emails, or whatever content you may want to share.
14. Zoom. Create webinars or broadcast to Facebook Live with Zoom. This handy software also allows users to share screens.
There are several ways to make money with your blog. The following are just a few of them:
1. Use Google AdSense. This is one of the most used strategies by bloggers and website owners to monetize their virtual properties using Google Ads.
2. Become an Amazon Associate. You can also make money recommending products from Amazon.com, the biggest online store.
3. Promote affiliate products. There are many programs online that accept affiliates to promote what they offer. You may add them in your blog or website content or display their banner ads on the pages of your website.
Below are some affiliate sites that you may want to check out.
Fiverr. Fiverr is the largest online marketplace for freelance services. More than 5.5M people use the platform where a gig is bought every 4 seconds. With some help from one or more freelancers on this platform, entrepreneurs can focus on growth and create a successful business at affordable costs. Services at Fiverr are offered as gigs that start with a price as low as $5. With more than 3M services available, there will definitely be one for anybody looking for a freelancer to do any job.
The company also offers an app called And CO that will help your freelance business with all the invoicing and payments, proposal and contract preparation, task management, expense and time tracking, and report preparation. It is basically all that you will need to keep your online business running smoothly.
For those who want to add a few more skills or want to learn a few more crafts, or, perhaps, teach others to learn a specific skill, such as digital marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, Photoshop, design, and more, Fiverr also offers courses on demand through its online learning platform called FIVERR LEARN.
You can also join and refer others to Fiverr as well.
Siteground not only offers affordable, secure, and reliable hosting services, they also allow anyone to recommend the services that they offer and earn from it.
The company offers a generous affiliate commission up to $125 per sale.
- For 1-5 sales per month, receive $50 per sale.
- For 6-10 sales per month, receive $75 per sale.
- For 11-20 sales per month, receive $100 per sale.
- For anything beyond that, you may receive up to $125 per sale.
Want to know the plans offered by this hosting site? Perhaps you need to sign up as an affiliate. Check out your options below:
The JVZoo affiliate program offers commissions from as high as 50% to 100%. Decide which digital products you would like to promote from thousands of digital products for sale, spread across 21 categories, including Internet Marketing, E-Commerce, Make Money Online, Software, Self-Improvement, and many more.
There is a huge list of programs that pay accepts affiliates and referrals. Soon you will see a post with some programs that offer such options. Sign up for our newsletter so you will be notified as soon as new posts become available here at workanywhereforbeginners.com.
In the meantime, check out some other ways that may help you find what would be the most fitting work for you through our jobs listing page or check out our business directory for companies that may just be near you or that may interest you.
Here are other ways you may earn from a website or a blog:
4. Sell ad space.
5. Offer services.
6. Sell digital content.
7. Sell merchandise.
8. Create a job board. We do have one on this site. We hope to link as many freelancers or regular workers to every available job possible. For the most recent available jobs, check out this page.
9. Write product or program reviews.
10. Create a business directory.
This is a developing post and will be updated any time I find something worth sharing. To get timely updates, subscribe to us today.