Freelancing makes it possible for anyone to make a living even online.
Innovations in technology make it easier for just about anyone not just to do freelancing jobs, but even create streams of passive income that will make money even when one’s asleep.
If you are looking for ways to do just that – escape the ratrace, make your own work routine, and be not dependent on a bundy clock to tell you when you need to work or not, you can always consider one of the many ways to work from home (or anywhere it may be possible to do so) and make money, such as those that I will mention later.
What is even better doing these alternative jobs, is that you really do not have to spend much. There is no joining fee to start with. You also get to choose what jobs to do and how to do it.
Even with the number of offers that you may see online, it is still vital that adequate research about the company is considered before engaging with the employer or the job poster, however.
Remember that you won’t be speaking with a prospective employer in person. The only thing that will connect you to your employer or job poster is the internet.
Fortunately, there are well-established companies that make it easier to separate the real offers from otherwise. These companies have created portals or websites with security features that help eliminate scammers from gaining access to the site.
But, then, again, you need to make your own research and follow the rules on the platform to stay safe. So, if the site indicate that all communications should be conducted within the portal or your dashboard, then it should be done that way. That gives an assurance that the person or company representative that you will be dealing with will be providing an appropriate offer that actually pays.
Here are some of the websites that you may want to check to start your freelancing career:
1. Fiverr. Fiverr is a freelance that connects contractors providing different services with registered clients. Those with skills and experience in various fields such as graphics and design, content creation, digital marketing, animation, programming, web development, and more may offer their services as gigs on the platform.
2. Freelancer. This work anywhere hub connects more than 39,193,493 employers and freelancers worldwide from over 247 countries, regions, and territories. You can apply for just about any possible job there is available on this platform.
3. Peopleperhour. Peopleperhour has been helping freelancers since 2007 find work that suits their requirements. To date, the company has connected more than 1 million clients and freelancers and has paid more than £100 million to freelancers.
4. CloudPeeps. Cloudpeeps connects businesses/clients with experienced independent professionals who are looking for remote work opportunities. Freelancers can set their rates (hourly, fixed, or one-time) and search for jobs by category, availability, type of work, and salary range. As a CloudPeep, you can either have a basic or a pro account. Pro Peeps have the opportunity to charge higher rates and also send more than 3 proposals that a basic peep is allowed to do.
5. Freelancewriting. This hub for writers and contractors is an excellent source of high-paying writing jobs.
6. Guru. As a freelance platform, Guru.com offers experienced freelancers an easier way of finding jobs and projects with its huge database of companies with current job requirements all over the world. It offers region-specific job posting and accepts a wide selection of job categories. Freelancers can easily communicate with employers, and vice versa, through the platform’s powerful dashboard that facilitates every transaction. Document sharing and crafting payment deals are other features that allow handling of projects hassle free.
7. Bark. With Bark.com. job hunting becomes easier by acting as a link to prospective clients and businesses who may have current freelancer requirements. It affords independent professional service providers a means of showcasing their expertise on various categories, such as in content writing, transcribingn, translating, web designing, and other personal services. Clients and freelancers are assured that they are communicating in a secure environment and are provided exactly what they need to have the job done.
8. Asklorem. Maintaining an online business will be quite a challenge, especially for those who are just starting. Designating an IT division may be vital, but why should you look for permanent hires when there are experts that are available on demand. With Asklorem, it will be a breeze to find experts in website design, marketers, as well as those who can lend their expertise when your online shop or website needs debugging or fixing. Those who are looking to hire do not even have to pay monthly fees to list freelance jobs. Even agencies looking can expect high quality output that are up to spec from those on-demand hands ready to fulfill their clients requirements.
9. WorknHire. Worknhire is a freelance marketplace for India. The platform is an easy to access portal that connects start-ups and small business with freelancers or independent professional service providers, hence provides customized solution for the Indian market.
Projects posted on this platform are as follows: IT & Programming, Graphic Design, Content Writing, Data Entry, Finance and Sales & Marketing.
10. Squadhelp. Do you find it easy to coin a name for a product, brand, design, or app? How about creating a tagline? Or creating a logo for a brand or a company? If you think you have a knack for words, you can use that gift to make money by creating a free account on Squadhelp.com.
Customers create a contest on the platform and waits for submissions from creatives (that’s how freelancers on this platform are called) until the set deadline for submission of entries. Winners may earn from $100 - $350, even more, depending on the prize set by the contest launcher. Payments are made thru PayPal or Payoneer.
11. Beehance. Behance is a freelancer platform where creative professionals may showcase their portfolios, be appreciated, and find jobs. Design experts who are good at graphic design, drawing, painting, photography, and so on, will find Beehance a very welcoming place where one can build his portfolio and even land a dream job.
12. DesignHill. Designhill is a freelance platform designed for designers where they can earn, participate, work and share their work. It is a go-to hub for business owners who need high quality designs, such aslogos, website design and more at affordable prices.
13. Payforworks. Independent expert contractors may also find the range of freelancer jobs that payforworks offers quite encouraging. This platform connects prospective clients with UI designers, web programmers, artists, accountants,and other freelancers ready to provide services remotely.
14. Simplyhired. Here is another freelancer platform that connects professionals to millions of jobs anywhere in the world.
15. Toptal. Toptal is a freelancer portal where the top 3% of world-class talents are available on demand.
You’ll get the chance to be hired by the world’s top organizations, so if you consider yourself amongst the cream of the cream, you may just as well consider signing up for free on this website and showcase your talent to be found by one of the top recruiting companies in the world.
Registration on the website is necessary as it makes possible for the site security features to be employed and keep scammers off the site.
Most work from home websites require job applicants or freelancers to pass some tests, most of which the freelancers or you have the choice to take or not, however. There are a couple of tests that are required though. If you have the basic skills needed for specific jobs, you will definitely ace those tests anyway.
For some of the jobs that you may be skilled to do, you may find them in the following categories:
One of the most common online jobs for freelancers is content writing. When it comes to writing content, there are multiple ways that you can apply or bid for a job if you have a way with words or if you know how to do a specific content form.
You could be writing posts, SEO articles, business correspondence, email content, copywriting or marketing copies, ebook content, product reviews, product descriptions, press releases, news content, academic papers, and so on. These type of work usually require that you also proofread and edit your work.
There is a huge market for freelance writers as businesses understands that they do have a lot to gain by publishing high-quality content on their websites.
It is true that content is king when it comes to online businesses. After all, it is well-written, engaging content that drives traffic to a business. Quality content is also necessary for SEO, which helps websites to show up higher in search results.
As a freelancer writer, you get to connect with clients from all over the world, you get to promote products, technology, and so on. All that you will need to do your work is a Microsoft Word, a reliable grammar checker and an internet connection.
Proofreading and Editing
Not all good writers are not all great proofreader, and vice versa. For this reason, there are companies that would also hire a writer and an editor or a proofreader separately.
If you are considering of doing a transcriptionist or a data entry specialist, you will need to be familiar with the terminology before doing it. Such jobs require a typing skill and attention to detail that are above average.
There is a huge demand in the market for graphic designers today as well. Logo creation, designing ebook covers, banners, website, labels, video editing, and so on.
Another job available is tutoring job. Such a job normally can be done offline, but with the internet, tutors can now teach from anywhere.
Many companies today are leveraging on the power of the internet. For those who find scheduling meetings, replying to emails, placing orders, maintaining a wordpress website or a social media page of a client, and other similar jobs, will find working as a virtual assistant satisfying.
PR and Marketing
PR and marketing professionals will also find it encouraging to note that there are also companies that require their skills. The roles that you will do will just be same as what a traditional marketer does.
It is possible to sell services as well as products, whether physical or otherwise. Many freelancers nowadays have enjoyed the profits they get from selling on platforms as Amazon, Ebay, Etsy, even on social networking sites. You can even create or sell e-books, apps, invites, and so on.
Web and App Development
For those who have a knock for coding, can also do some web development or app customization jobs online.
3D Modeling and CAD
3D modeling and computer aided design (CAD) jobs require that you have the technical knowledge and background. You will need to create models of functional products, structures, and everything that will demonstrate how the models that you create work in the real world.
As mentioned at the beginning of this post, there are several portals that you can leverage on to start with your freelancing journey.
As a starter, you may want to check on the following websites. Again, you will need to create a free account on these portals and build your profile. After which, you can start applying to every available job that you may find inviting.
You will need to communicate well with your client. Once you start working for a client, you need to make sure that you need to deliver work in time to buyer.
Having said all these, you can now start your freelancing journey and get paid doing what you love. You will need to be patient at the start to build your portfolio if you decide to do the freelancing job for a client or a buyer, start your own e-commerce store, or whatever you decide to do to make money online or to create passive sources of income.